Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Object ID F-0227
Title Forms for east viaduct on Dayton Avenue Bridge
Description Close up of forms for east viaduct on Dayton Avenue Bridge. This concrete bridge replaced the earlier Dayton Avenue Bridge bult in 1903. The new bridge was later renamed the Riverside Drive-Dayton Avenue Bridge, alternately called the Riverside Drive-Figueroa Bridge, when Dayton Avenue was renamed North Figueroa as a continuation of original Figueroa Street. The bridge was completed in 1928, and was designated a Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monument in 2008.
Date 08/23/1927
Place Elysian Park; Los Angeles
Event Construction of Dayton Avenue Bridge
Collection Los Angeles City Archives Department of Engineering Historical Photos
Provenance City of Los Angeles Department of Engineering
Cataloged by Sklar, Anna
Copyright Los Angeles City Archives, City Clerk
Photographer Los Angeles City Engineering Staff
Subjects Bridges California Los Angeles
Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monuments
Rivers California, Southern
Los Angeles River (Calif.)
Arch Bridges
Riverside-Figueroa Bridge (Los Angeles, Calif.)
Dayton Avenue Bridge (Los Angeles, Calif.)