Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Object ID F-0488
Title Riverside Dayton Bridge with fill
Description Riverside Dayton Bridge, showing fill on east bank of the Los Angeles River from hillside on west bank below the bridge. This concrete bridge replaced the earlier Dayton Avenue Bridge bult in 1903. The new bridge was later renamed the Riverside Drive-Dayton Avenue Bridge, alternately called the Riverside Drive-Figueroa Bridge, when Dayton Avenue was renamed North Figueroa as a continuation of original Figueroa Street. The bridge was completed in 1928, and was designated a Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monument in 2008.
Date 01/24/1928
Place Elysian Park; Los Angeles
Collection Los Angeles City Archives Department of Engineering Historical Photos
Provenance City of Los Angeles Engineering Department
Cataloged by Sklar, Anna
Copyright Los Angeles City Archives, City Clerk
Photographer City of Los Angeles Engineering Staff
Subjects Bridges-California-Los Angeles
Historic bridges
Arch Bridges
Riverside-Figueroa Bridge (Los Angeles, Calif.)
Dayton Avenue Bridge (Los Angeles, Calif.)
Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monument
Elysian Park (Los Angeles, Calif.)
Los Angeles River (Calif.).